The Harry Potter stars who were at the red carpet grand opening event for the theme park last night were available for a press conference today. Included were Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, Michael Gambon, and Bonnie Wright, Warwick Davis, James and Oliver Phelps, Matthew Lewis, and producers David Heyman, David Barron, Mark Woodbury - the head of Universal Creative - and set designers Stuart Craig and Alan Gilmore, and production designer Thierry Coup. The three press conferences were held inside The Three Broomsticks at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.Â Photos from the press conference can be seen here, thanks to Snitch Seeker.
Throughout the press conference, we tweeted with key moments that you can check out here, and also a few of them below:
- They don't believe they'll add anything new to the theme park just yet, such as the Shrieking Shack.
- James & Oliver Phelps love the joke shop.
- David Barron said that seeing the Hogwarts Castle just around the castle is a jaw dropping moment.
- A short film was made to commemorate the ending of Harry Potter filming by the crew of the films.
- Creative Head Thierry Coup said it was the most challenging creating the Wizarding World to fans' expectations, and also the feeling of really flying in the rides was anotherbig challenge they had to overcome.
- Rupert's favorite place is the Hog's Head pub.
- Dan said he liked the Forbidden Journey ride part where the Dementor's come to get you and you can see your face start to get sucked in as they suck away your soul, like in the movie Order of the Phoenix.
- Dan likes the Florida orange juice and the frozen Butterbeer.
- Tom said a kid came up to him and said, "Oh, hey, You," because he recognized Tom as Draco Malfoy, whereas it's Dan and Rupert who get all the hugs and kisses.
- James & Oliver also like the pubs and Warwick Davis saw Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) get his wand yesterday.
- Warwick said conducting the frog choir at last night's red carpet event was one of the highlights of his career.
- Matt says he's happy the park is in Orlando because it has the weather for it and that London already has castles and all that.
|< Prev||Next >|